The National Theater Company of Korea is set to captivate audiences once more with its signature production, "The Orphan of Zhao: Seeds of Revenge," returning with its sixth run at the Myeongdong Theater in central Seoul from Nov. 30 to Dec. 25.
Premiered in 2015, “The Orphan of Zhao” is a reinterpretation of the Chinese "Zaju" drama script of the same title, written by the Yuan Dynasty playwright Ji Junxiang. Among the six Zaju plays he wrote, “The Orphan of Zhao” is the only surviving example.
Often referred to as the Chinese “Hamlet” because of its theme of revenge, the tragedy has been adapted by director Koh Sun-woong, who focused the narrative on the man who sacrifices his only child to save the "seed of revenge."
- [Hello Hangeul] Inside the Korean language classroom in Madrid
- [Today’s K
- [view] 민심 더 싸늘해지는데…감동 없는 김기현 2기
- [Herald Interview] Park Youn
- 홍준표 "혁신위 해체위기, 이준석은 앞길 막아…용산 어쩌나"
- [KH Explains] Why Starbucks' new coupon policy is a big deal in Korea
- Samsung Bioepis launches Soliris biosimilar in Europe
- Hanmi Global to host forum on data center construction